Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tom Foolery

I have to say I do love April Fool's day. I remember doing many tricks when I was growing up. Saran wrap on the toilet, saran wrap over the shampoo bottle opening, melting a candle to look like soap, tootsie roll poop & saran wrap over the shower spout. I remember my mom making sponge cake with real sponges, cardboard pancakes and blue milk. Oh the fun. I'm so excited that my kids are getting old enough to play jokes on :) So Ava and I headed to Target to get all of the things I needed. Ava didn't have a clue what I was planning. Planter, flower pens, oreos, chocolate pudding and gummy worms. It worked beautifully. I had the planter on the bar when Bergen got home she didn't think anything of it. As we were talking about the day I took out a spoon and took a bite of the "dirt". Here eyes grew huge and she stuck her tounge out, "what are you doing mom!" I just kept talking and digging around in the pot, "Oh gross a worm!" I shouted. Bergen and Ava are not fan of bugs, worms or spiders at the moment. Both of the girls screamed and backed up, I couldn't help but laugh. It was hilarious. Then Bergen caught on it was a joke. We had a great laugh and fun after school snack.



Later that night Ava came in with this headband on saying she was blind (a 2 year old's joke). It looked so funny in real life. This video doesn't do it justice, but it is still pretty good.

6 comments:

EarlGirl said...

How fun to gross your girls out! I can just hear the screams.

kir said...

I am so impressed with "blind" "Miss Ava"! That took some serious April Fool's Day thinking!!

Anonymous said...

In Italy April Fool's was called Pesce d'Aprile which literally translates as April's Fish.

I remember as a little girl I had to draw a fish on paper and cut it out and stick it on someone's back without them noticing it. :)

Emily Kern said...

I am definitely a very boring mother. I didn't do a darn thing for april fools. My mom tricked us once with mac and cheese for breakfast instead of the usual oatmeal and it was a hit. I could have at least done that! Good job. Maybe next year I'll follow your example and not be an april fools loser!

Allison said...

You are definitely a FUN mom! Our family never did fun April fool's day jokes....I might need to start that tradition!

The Johnson's said...

You are hysterical. I better keep my eye on you!