Thursday, April 24, 2008

Great Series





I just finished reading the last book in this series last night. What a great books. I learned a lot about Jesus and his life. I know it is historical fiction, but it was fascinating and entertaining to learn about the area and how people lived during that time of history. I finished the first book 1 1/2 years ago and read different books in between. It was interesting to learn about the politics of that day and how the Romans and Jews lived together, but believed so differently. The books go into the Jewish beliefs and it is amazing how the High priests totally missed that Jesus was the Savior they had been waiting for. I have heard the story so many times, but I loved hearing it with so much more insight.
Next book: The Kite Runner , Happy Reading

4 comments:

libbie said...

I am gonna have to check those books out. They sound so good.

EarlGirl said...

I listened to the first book on tape, and I loved it. I kind of forgot about the others, though. Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read those before sounds like I will have to give them a try. So fun to catch up on your blog and read your mom was in town-what fun! I hope to see you soon!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I have some of these...can't remember which ones right now, but they are here is anyone wants to borrow them. I really enjoyed them...especially the third one. I was a little hesitant to read it because I knew what was coming,but my reaction was not what I expected.