Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Spring Breaking

Spring Break 2008 started off kinda quite. Aaron got back from Seattle on Sunday afternoon. After a week of being gone - all of the girls were very excited to have him home. We had a picnic on Monday at Bergen's playground to let her spread her wings. During school she can only play at one little play set and under one tree. We let the girls play on all of the toys even the 5th grader equipment. Aaron and I remembered playing wherever we wanted back in the day at elementary school.

The above picture is a classic. We were going to get the tires rotated and this clearly shows my girls personalities. Ava found this dress in a closet. It is one I wore at her age, my mom made matching dresses for my sister and I. It only took 2 HOURS to get the tires done. I picked the wrong day, but the girls loved the popcorn and smelling all of the new tires. Ava wore the dress all day and promptly wanted her flower back in her hair after her nap. She really likes to help me bake. We made some banana bread and had fun making a great mess!!
We hit Howard Amon park on Wed. and met up with lots of friends and many wild children - fun park. To my surprise my mom called Tuesday night to say they (mom and brother Jeff) might come up on Thursday. On Wednesday they called and said they were on the road and would be here by midnight. We were so excited we could hardly wait. My girls had a hard time going to bed talking of all the fun things they could do with Gramma and Jeff.







They made it and we did have tons o' fun. We hit several great restaurants, P.F. Chang's being one of them - Delish! We hit the mall, the boys took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese - just to play games, a B-day party at Garlands, several good movies and some cookie dough :) We gave gramma her mother's day present early - her 2005 book of US. I made it through Picaboo and would highly recommend it to anyone into computer scrapbooking!!! It turned out darling, if I do say so myself.
Calling all webkinz owner!! Bergen received a blue hippo "Hippy" for Christmas and has loved playing with him in real life and in the Cyber world. We haven't figured out how to call friends over to play, so if anyone has a little webkinz let us know Bergen would love to play. Gramma also added to our cyber family - Green frog " Brady" and pink poodle "Cassie". The adoption certificates are hanging up in Boks room and they are part of the family.
Jeff my 17 year old bro. was a real trooper. He whipped the yard and spent hours mowing the jungle in the back. Our grass is what Aaron likes to call "too healthy" and is growing at a rapid rate. I still need to rake up the left over grass. We thanked him by taking him to Chuck E. he was on a roll and hit several jackpots. We got a slinky & bubble blower both of which don't work, but the whoopie potties do work, thank goodness. Daddy left Sunday night & the Jorgen's left on Monday morning :( We are in serious withdrawal. What a great week.

P.S. Here's a little shout out to my bro. Jason. I hope you recover quickly. We will all miss your little appendix and hope the down time can be enjoyed. Since you have nothing to do this week !!! I hope your trip was productive and your PhD program choice can be made when you're not on pain meds :) Good Luck.

6 comments:

My Three Sons said...

I loved seeing these photos of your family! And your Mom looks fabulous! I'm so glad for you that they came down for a surprise visit. Nothing better, right? Also, I love our newest American Idol....AVA! What a cute girl!

Grandama Jorgen said...

What a darling family - I am so glad to be related to them!! Thanks for a perfect week together - one to always cherish and remember. Thanks to Bergen for reading me her amazing and wonderful books that she has written - what a clever and special girl. I love my photo book - just perfect. Take good care of Brady and Casy- let me know how they are doing. I miss you already - can't wait for summer. Love to you all, Grandma Jorgensen

Tara said...

I love the "bumshine" AND the darling dress. Oh, and I have to remember next year to do something for April's fools on my kids. What a great idea!!

libbie said...

Edyn has a webkinz, I will have to look into figuring out that friend thing too. I am glad your mom and bro got to come.

Alison said...

Hi Jen! I was so glad to see your comment on my blog! Thanks for saying Hi! Your girls are so cute and fun! I can just tell you guys never get bored! Ava's dress is classic! I wish I had some of my old dresses that were made for me! Also,I'm going to have to remember your April fools joke for the future! =) Fun times! Thanks again for the hello! It's really fun to be able to read how you guys are doing!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

You have such a great family...and a brother who does yard work! I have to get me one of those. I am so glad you had such a pleasant visit. Maybe- I should forward this to my mom...a little hint never hurt.