Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Phoenix 2008

What do you get with 78 degree weather, a pool, quiet condo, excellent food, palm trees, shopping, sleeping in, hottub, staying up way to late and a great sister. The PeRfeCt VaCAtIoN!




Here are some palm trees in an outdoor mall - Desert Ridge. There were two different bands playing and it was a little cool - 50's. I love shopping in an outdoor mall. We ate at a Thai food Bistro and had some Cold Stone ice cream. Then we caught an 10:55 pm movie.



I flew into Phoenix on early Friday morning. I really love to fly, especially when I'm by myself(without kids to keep track of) and have a relaxed schedule. I read the magazines and the book East of Eden. I watched out the window and enjoyed some ME time. Everybody, especially moms need to take some sick leave time from their lives and escape. It helps to have a single sister (who is newly engaged!!!) living the high life. Her words are, "I love living here, its like being on vacation everyday." You just walk out her door on the fourth floor and hear the water fountains, see the pool and you can see all of the trees. It's like living in a tree house.

Phoenix has such a great assortment of restaurants. I think we could have gone out every meal for weeks and never repeated the same one. Postino's, Oregano's, Cheesecake factory & Maliee's, that's all we had time for. DeLiCioUS!


This is a walk way to Jamie's place. It is a big complex in the Biltmore area. We went running out by the golf course and past some amazing houses. I could really be very happy down there. I'm still not sure about the 120 degree summer's, but I could almost over look that.









Of course I forgot to take a lot of pictures. I carried around my camera and never took it out. We had a fun time looking at rings and talking wedding plans. It is going to be a fun late spring early summer.

















I returned home Tuesday morning & I'm already missing the fun, but it is good to be back. I missed my girls and hubby. He did such a great job holding down the fort. They went to Fiesta, Chucky Cheese, McDonald's & parks on different nights. He was very ambitious. The house was in pretty good shape and the washing machine didn't break until yesterday. So until my next little get away I'll have to enjoy the memories!!

6 comments:

Kim said...

My sisters, mom and I are going to TOFW this weekend. I can harldy wait for the 2 hour drive just to talk without distractions!!!!

It looked like you had a wonderful time. There's nothing like a great vacation!!!

kir said...

Cute photos-gald you had some fun in the sun!! We're excited for newly-engaged Jamie!!

The Bloxham Bunch said...

HOW FUN! It looks beautiful there. It was problibly the perfect time of year too. I am glad your back though. We missed ya!

The Johnson's said...

I am totally homesick! I think the apartments we lived in were by the same builder because they look EXACTLY the same! I am glad you had such a well-deserved break, but more glad that you're back!

My Three Sons said...

I am so glad you had FUN FUN FUN! What a beautiful setting & a beautiful couple of girls :) We missed you TERRIBLY but were so glad that you got away for your birthday! (on a side note you and Jamie look SO MUCH alike!) I think we need to take a similar trip!!!

Lee said...

Glad you had so much fun! I think AZ looks just wonderful!! It was nice to "see" you for a minute this AM.. it has been a while.