Sunday, September 21, 2008
Mom, I have to go potty!
Here's a little run down on our excitement at church today. We were quietly listening in Sacrament meeting. I even thought to myself, Ava is doing so well. No tears, quietly coloring and taking turns. She looked at me all the sudden and said, "mom I have to go potty!" OK lets put your stuff down and go, but that sadly wasn't quick enough. She just stood there with very wide eyes as she quietly went potty right down her leg and onto, luckily, the hardwood floor! What is the proper etiquette after your child has just wet herself during Sacrament meeting? I had a whole package of the little Kleenexes in my purse and some wet wipes. My mother in-law went out and got some paper towels and Ava just loudly said, "Well, now what am I suppose to do?!" Great question! We sopped it up every so quietly and Ava was told not to sit down, I emptied her treats into my purse and used her plastic baggie to carry the mess out of the chapel. It did go quiet smoothly considering the situation. We drove home and changed her clothes and returned to nursery ready to play. Ava did apologized as we were driving home and I was trying not to laugh. She has done very well these last few weeks, with only a few accidents here and there. As Ava said, "Mom, I'll keep on trying and I promise I'll do it next time!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
What a sweet little comment to try harder! Sounds like you handled the "situation" like a pro...which is what you are...as all moms are...pros at handling the crazy happenings of motherhood!
Thanks for the birthday wishes... our girls breakfast wasn't the same without you! Did you hear Shauna is moving now???? I'm starting to get really bummed....Lee Ann, then you, now her....yikes!
Don't worry Ava, Shane did the exact same thing at our church this week. Geez, I cant take him anywhere!
Such a courteous little tinkler!
Sure miss your smiling face. I enjoy being able to stay "connected" to you across the miles. :)
Cambri asked how you were doing so I sent her to your blog. She was tickled to see all the pics.
I think you handled it great, and it's good not to make the child feel too bad about it, besides it was an accident. :)
My boy does it on purpose and then smiles and he is only 14 months, and he is not even potty training. but so far he's done that only at home :)
I guess that's the big difference between boys and girls (sigh) :)
This Friday, the 26th, I have my scheduled C-section, 4 more days, and then Shane is born.
Oh, that is a story for the generations. You know, they just don't train us for that stuff. Good job! I am going to start carrying tissues.
HI HI HI HI JEN!!! I'm soo glad you have a blog! okay so now that I'm done freakin' out I'm going to go read it and catch up on your sweet family!!
Post a Comment