Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First day of school pics


All computers are so different. I've been waiting for the wireless network to work with our laptop and it is still not picking up the signal, who knows. So I guess I'll put pics on the home computer, that is not ours, to do the blog. The laptop will get them later so I can have all the pics together for the photo books. Every day is an adventure when it comes to finding or not finding what I'm think of. I went to make apple bars today for a baking-get-together at my lovely sister-in-laws (thanks for helping me be social Kari!!), I couldn't find the apple slicer or the rolling pin and then trying to find all the right ingredients in the right spot. I'm getting better, but I'm use to knowing where everything is. Overall we are doing great. My in-laws are awesome and have been very gracious to listen to the three year old fits and we defiantly have the run of the house. I'm trying to keep up with the cleaning up and after the kids and getting some meals ready for hungry workers.


It has been so fun to have daddy around so much. He went to the first day of school with us and he's works very hard, but not so late. Yesterday he was home at 5:00pm - wow- I had forgotten how nice it is to have him home early to play with the kids and have dinner with us. I could get use to this. The house hunt is going well. I have driven all over the area. I can't believe how many houses there are . I have the John L. Scott real estate site memorized with all of the
houses in our price range. You get either a new house and a tiny yard, a newer house and a small yard or a older house with a little bigger yard. It's been fun to look at all the options. We did make an offer on a short sale house on Monday. It could take awhile and we might not get it. It is a great deal and I love the house. So the search is still on and it's a wait and see game.
The weather has still been beautiful and still no rain. That is 16 days without a raindrop or a cloud in the sky, in 70's. How could you not love it. Mt. Rainier is out everyday and so are the caterpillars. Bergen caught a fuzzy one and has loved looking at the slugs. Ava has been my little co-pilot as we navigate the area. we have turned around so many times, but I really feel like I know my way around now. I've even found some short cuts. I might have to break down and buy a Garmin. But I've enjoyed the sight seeing.

2 comments:

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I'm so glad to see pics of your family (we need to see you too). I'm glad to hear everything is going well and that you might have found a house?!? We hope to see you soon & miss you lots

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

I miss you terribly, but understand the delight of having a husband around. Good luck on the house!