Saturday, September 6, 2008

A big thanks

Well we did it, we have partially moved to the Seattle area. We're living with the in-laws and it is going remarkably well. The weather has been absolutely beautiful - 70 degrees, sunshine, not one raindrop and clear skies to see Mt. Rainier - perfect. I know it won't last but I have enjoyed every day. Bergen is loving school and riding the bus. She didn't get to do it last year because we took her. She is a brave little girl and able to adapt so well. Ava and I have been house hunting and looking around the area, she is very three and still a drama queen, but we are working on that.
I haven't figured out the wireless laptop thing yet so I haven't downloaded pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera to the "going away, but coming to visit regularly dinner". Grabbing the camera is a step I always forget!! What a fun night that was. I am so grateful for great friends. Thanks to all of you that made the effort to come and those of you that couldn't thanks for the calls. I think I've had the hardest time leaving. I've been ready to call for a play date or girls night several times this week, dang 250 miles. Start planning your Seattle shopping trips and I'll get moved into a house - then partay =) Great friends are hard to come by so none of you are off the hook, just because I moved. Blog updates, emails, phone calls, Christmas cards and if we can figure it out text messages!! Thanks again.

9 comments:

Lee said...

Glad you made it. Hope you are having fun in Seattle. And I wish I could have come. Miss ya!

EarlGirl said...

I hope the house hunting goes well. You have the perfect buyers market! Good luck.

kir said...

I'm so glad that Bergen is having fun being a "bus girl"!! Fall is delightful in the Pacific Northwest...
-Kir

My Three Sons said...

Sniff sniff....I can't stand it! I've gone to call you several times this week only to remember you are too far away! Are you coming this weekend? I HOPE SO! Let us know. Also, I was so sad you left Sunday and missed out on our little bbq. YOu were SoReLy missed my dear! How is the house hunting coming? You know we already have a fun and fabulous Christmas shopping trip planned to no other than Seattle & if you don't have a house we'll just get a hotel!

The Johnson's said...

We miss you so much! It's great that things are going so well. I bet the girls love seeing Aaron every night! Let us know if you're coming this weekend so we can throw together a little partay...I will probably be so excited that I will break out into some spontaneus Marky-Mark kareoke!

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I missed your good-bye party. Hope you received my e-mail.

I started having contractions in the middle of the week.

I'm so glad your move went great.
We miss you!!

Love,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you! That brave little Bergen! I can't believe she is old enough to go on a bus by herself! :) And I have to admit to giggling a little thinking of you and your little princess house hunting with her in her glitter heels, skirt and of course a fab bag to match! :) It is fun I am sure!
I am glad the weather has been so nice, I bet it makes you feel as though we are not quite so far away! Miss you!
Love ya-N

AJ Gorham said...

Congrats on the successful move! We will be in Seattle the end of this month. 25th - 29th! Can't wait!

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

It is odd here without you. Let us know how the house hunt goes...all the gorish details.