Friday, August 22, 2008

August in a nutshell

August has been such a crazy month. We are back home after a month in Utah and we have finally decided what we are doing for the next few months. The time has come to move to Seattle. We are leaving with a few things on Aug. 31st to live with Gramma Jan, Grandpa Paul, Jens and most importantly Daddy. Bergen is now registered in the Seattle schools and is very excited. She is going to miss her friends, but so excited to see daddy every day instead of a few times a month. We will be looking for a house and will be so excited to get settled into a new routine and life on the other side of the mountains. I'm having a hard time as I pack and get ready to go. I have so many fun friends and memories here, but we will be back to visit, and to move all of our stuff.

We have had some fun thunderstorms the past couple of weeks. My girls have been swimming in each of them.
A highlight of the month was when Aunt Kari came to visit with the boys.
The played dress up and had a sleepover.
Playing pirates is a favorite thing to do. Ava prefers to be the damsel in distress!
This is a picture of Bergen's big owie. We were getting the mail which is down from our house a bit, I was trying to get some packing done and wanted her to hurry. We couldn't find her helmet and I told her to just go without it. We have some yappy dogs on the corner and they often are off of the leash, which scares Bergen. She was riding really fast in case a dog came, they didn't, but she skidded and fell off her bike. One bump on the head - Check, Two big sores on the arm - check, and Three big apologies from mom -check. She was and is OK after some band aides were applied and her head bump could have been much worse. She always wears her helmet and has never hit her head, what are the chances - urrrr. I'm never going to live this parenting mishap down =)
This is a picture of Ava's biggest accomplishment of the summer - SHE IS POTTY TRAINED!!!! Ava has had a love hate relationship with the vacuum. She loves to watch it with an adult she trust holding her. This summer she would take Uncle Jason to the closet just to see the vacuum and maybe just touch it. If someone is vacuuming she can be terrified. So Gramma Jorgen got her a little vacuum that she could open as soon as she kept her panties dry all day. It has taken about 2 weeks and she did it. She has and is very content to keep her pull ups on and wet, no biggie because as she says only when it comes to the potty "but mom I'm just a little girl!" Now with the threat of the vacuum getting put away if she doesn't wear her panties, she puts them on and is pretty good about going. Come on my little 3.25 year old you can do it.
Here is a our own Pirates of the Caribbean on the deck of a great ship, never mind the big swimming pool without water!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

So sad to hear you are moving! No more random bumping-intos around town...Good luck and keep in touch with the blogging!

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I am so sad you are leaving us. You are a wonderful friend. You are the sweetest, kindest person I know and will definately leave a huge hole in our hearts. The only good thing I can say is your in "weekend vacation" traveling distance. We love you Jen!!!

AJ Gorham said...

Good luck with your move. I love Seattle!

Mindy said...

A move is always bitter sweet. I'm excited for the neat change for your family. I'll be waiting for an address update.

Grandama Jorgen said...

It is so fun to see you in Kennewick - but I realllllly miss you here in North Logan!! Bergen -so sorry about the scrapes and hope they are feeling better. Can't wait to hear about your first day of school in Seattle, Good Luck. Ava - I am so proud of you for staying dry! Way to go and love the vacumn!! Have a safe trip to Seattle and have fun packing!! Love you so much, Grandma Jorgen

My Three Sons said...

Boo hoo...you already know how SAD I am that you're leaving. I am happy that you and Aaron will be together though. I'm telling myself that that is what matters most :) I am GrEaTlY looking forward to some upcoming roadtrips across the mountains :)

Andy Jensen said...

Have you grown tired of Seattle and are you ready to move back home yet?