Tuesday, June 17, 2008

# 5 is out

I never thought about the removal of teeth would be as painful and traumatic as getting teeth. But at our house this seems to becoming the norm. Bergen has had two semi-lose front teeth for about 2 months. She has worked them over for the last little while and so when the front tooth was hanging it was really in the way. She was very opposed to any outside measures to extract the tooth. Finally after many tears Thursday night, I was able to lasso it with the floss and then she wanted to pull it by herself. It was a process that took 5 minutes and many slow pulls. I finally popped out and we were both so excited. I have let her know that next time I could cut the time by 4 minutes and 50 seconds. But she can choose whichever. Now the tears are all dry and she looks so grown up. The next tooth is on its way in the next few weeks. She get to have a very open smile all summer!

6 comments:

kthom said...

Oh the 1st picture is painful...but very impressed on the camera skills. Jack's teeth are firm as firm or stiff as nails or whatever...not budging so your teeth woes are teaching me lots...when that time finally comes:) xo

kir said...

Way to go Bergen!! So brave and now so toothless!! I do feel like I was right there-I must concur with kthom- great photos!!
-xoxo-Kir

Anonymous said...

Wowie! It is a milestone for her and you as well. Way to go Bergen!I remember when my firstborn lost his first tooth and while I was happy for him it was sad too-they grow up entirely too fast! :) N

My Three Sons said...

I can't believe she let you take that first photo with the string around her tooth and her eyes watering up a storm! What a trooper....she looks so cute with her front tooth missing!

yennu said...

The picture was taken during a breather between pulls. It was a very long, painful process!

libbie said...

this is pretty hilarious actaully. not that it hurt her, but all the drama. i am not looking forward to losing teeth in this house, cause i have 3 drama queens that will freak out! i do agree that you documented this occasion quite well! nice photography work!