I can't believe how fast 6 years have gone by. My sweet, little, colicky baby has grown up into a happy, creative, delightful, big girl. The years are flying by. We had one heck of birthday weekend. Starting with the classroom treat of doughnut holes (her choice ) ending with leftover cake yesterday night. It has been nonstop fun.
We had a great party with 11 kids - 12 kids counting Ava as she pointed out. We had it from 4pm- 6pm , after tee ball games. It turned out to be a great time. The kids ran around like crazy and then we played some great party games - Pop the balloon, drop the marshmellow into the jar and unwrap the gum with gloves on. We had a great red hot chile pepper pinata (some thought it looked like a strawberry). Unfortunately we don't have any pictures :( I was too busy blindfolding the kids. We do have it on the VHS video camera. The pizza man came around back and wished us luck as he left :) The cake was a hit and so was the cake batter ice cream. Oh what fun and two hours were not enough for the kids only the parents.
Bergen said as she was going to bed, "This was the best day of my life! What are we going to do tomorrow on my real Birthday!" Needless to say Sunday was much quieter. We opened family gifts in the morning and she was sung to in Primary. Dinner was her pick and we put candles in the leftover cake. Today her English class is singing to her. So the moral to this story is to have a Sunday birthday and you get to celebrate for 4 days straight!!
Ava keeps asking if she is 3 yet, because she had such a fun birthday weekend. We'll celebrate that in two weeks. And I think I see Chucky Cheese in the near future:/


1 comment:
What a fun weekend! I can't believe she is 5 already! I remember when she was a newborn. It seems impossible that much time has passed! Congrats for making it through :) with flying colors and Happy Birthday Bergen! Love, N
Post a Comment