Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A 3 year old celebration


How have 3 years come and gone? My little Ava cakers is not so little anymore. We had a great weekend full of birthday cheer. Daddy came home on Sunday afternoon, so Ava opened 4 presents in the morning before church and 4 present after church. She has been working on holding up three fingers and can say "Thrrrreeee" very well, she really gets that r sound.
We have spent the last week deciding which cake she would like. Finally on Thursday we went to the store and picked out all of the stuff for a purple butterfly cake- her choice. On Saturday night we had tears and Ava really wanted a pink poodle cake instead. She has a poodle webkinz
named Cassie and that is what she wanted. Well at that point, without a daddy home, I wasn't about to load up the kids and hit the store again. So we made due with what we had. Luckily we some pink marshmallows. She was thrilled with it.



Blast! I forgot to change the batteries on the camera and it turned off before Ava gets to talk with me.


The funniest part of this video is the very beginning. This is how the bowling games were being played, much to Bergen's dismay. Ava has mellowed out a little, but she still thinks it funny to help the pins come down.

6 comments:

kir said...

Happy Birthday, Cousin Ava!! Kylie is so impressed with the pink poodle cake and thinks her mother should take some pink poodle cake-making lessons...Love the slide show with big Chuck E. Cheese fun!! Be watching your mailbox, we are totally slow, but sincere...
-xoxo-
Kir

Kristin said...

Wow, I can't believe that cake was last minute! Way to go! It was so good to bump into you the other day! You're girls are adorable and getting so big!

I tagged you! Go to my blog for the rules!

kthom said...

O.k., so I totally knew and discussed Ava's birthday with the boys and here the card sits. I WILL get that out, I'm a lame-o but a lame-o who loves cousin Ava. Yea, and very impressed on the cake decorating skills. I've been frosting and putting a bag of skittles on top and calling it good...nicely done. Excited to see you. Xo

My Three Sons said...

SO CUTE! I can't believe you said the poodle cake didn't turn out great, it sure did! You're a master cake baker/decorater! The bowling game was all too familiar :)

Emily Kern said...

You are a super mom! Happy Birthday to AVA!

Grandama Jorgen said...

Happy Happy Birthday to sweet Ava - who looks just like her mom did at age 3!! So darling! - love the poodle cake, very posh!! Love you, Grandma Jorgen