Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Great Mother's Day

This year I had a great Mother's Day. My girls and hubby are so great. They got me a planter with beautiful flowers for the outside. Bergen had been very busy at school and made some darling things - flower pen and a great tissue flower bouquet. Surprise, surprise they made me breakfast in bed, which was delicious. Spinach omelet, turkey bacon, oat pancakes and strawberries - mmmmm!

The sweetest thing I received was a little card from my creative daughter. She said what all mothers want to hear, in her own sweet words. I won't write it all, but here are the highlights -
-My life is more fun when you are around
- I am very lucky to have you near me
- Sometimes I think you are superwoman in my mind
- Great job.
What a sweetheart. She did it all on her own and tucked it under my pillow. She is a better writer than me. How I love my little girls and I do love being a mother. I am so grateful to have had such a great mom and been able to learn so much from her. Thanks to all of those other great mother's out there that have helped me.

1 comment:

kthom said...

Yummy breakfast...I'm impressed! Don't you just love the things your kids will say about you on their own, very thoughtful things she said..so cute! I love Ava's messy (in a good, fashionable, I wish I had a little girl so I could do her hair like that) kinda way, piggy tail buns! LOVE THEM!