Every since I have had little girls I've wanted to do the curly hair thing. My mom always had mine and my sisters hair curled for Sunday. We would sit and get the pink foam curlers in every Saturday and love almost every minute it. Well since I've had girls it has not happened. I have to fight (and bribe) to get a
barrette in Bergen's hair. I gave up on trying to curl it years ago.

Ava on the other hand has been much more willing to let me do it, if I'll do it quickly. Most of the time she will leave the pig tails in, but she will not let me use a curling iron or the pink curlers. Ha Ha Ha - I finally outsmarted my 2 year old. I got her out of the bath last night and she let me put her hair up into two little buns on each side. We played and she went to bed without taking them out.

Poof - like magic this morning when I took out the buns, she had beautiful ringlet curls. Now she loves her princess hair, as do I. It is so cute to have long, curly hair. Now the trick is how long the curls will last without going flat. It's a work in progress and it only took 2 years to figure it out!!
3 comments:
My #1 was like Bergen. She hates it when I do anything to her hair- weeping, wailing, nashing of teeth...
When # 5 was born I thought she might be different, but since she has curly hair my hair talents and appliances are useless.
I didn't realize her hair was so long! It looks great! We (my 3 sisters and I) also sat every Saturday night for curlers! I'll also never have that experience! Congrats on outsmarting her!
How darn pretty she is! I can't believe it curled like that from buns? You can tell I don't have little girls! So, you'll have to do it again tomorrow night so I can see it at church Sunday!
Post a Comment