Last weekend will go down in Bergen's book of great weekends. We had a packed weekend and Uncle Jens came to play. He even came equipped with a Wii with two paddles. Bergen was pretty darn good at the bowling. She learned what it meant to get a Turkey. Jens went to Little Hot shots, a basketball class with GoGo (Bergen), she even got a new blue T-shirt. The Horse Heaven Hills (H3) ward had it's annual ice skating party. Watch out for the Madsen's. Aaron and Jens have not ice skated very much. I think you can count the times on one hand. However, they did a great job. Bergen really tried, tried and tried again. They didn't have the little walkers to help the newbies, so we started using the chairs to help stabilize. It worked - kind of. Some of the time was spent sitting on the chair, some holding onto the chair and much of the time on the ice (with frustrated tears). Ava put on her little skates and walked great when she wasn't on the ice. Once on the ice she went down. I did have skates they just never made it on my feet. I walked around the rink holding onto Ava's hands. She really preferred to lay on the ice and make ice angels. An hour is plenty long on the hard, cold ice. I wasn't sure if Bergen would ever want to go again. After we were in the car she looked at her bruises and said I can't wait to go again. Yeah! Saturday night I went to a stake enrichment dinner and program. Shout out to H4 singers - You all rock!! It was a beautiful song. Allison put together a wonderful program. Aaron and Jens were home with the girls. Before I left Ava was very sad that I was leaving (surprise) and Bergen said, "Mommy I really love you, but I like Jens better. Just go we'll take care of Ava!" They had a great time without me. Lots of treats, Wii, books and tea parties.

Removing the ice skates. Bergen's face says it all!






4 comments:
It was so fun!! Your girls are just too cute. You could totally tell Aaron and his brother were brothers.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jen!! Just know that you are being thought of today!! TAlk to you Soon!
-Thomas crew
I'm bummed we missed it. (Don't let Chase know.....it'd be WWIII!) Anyway...glad you had fun!
Oh how we remember the days of the annual ice skating party- good times. Great photos!
Be watching the mail for something that is late for your birthday-so lame that it is so late, but it is for you and you are the birthday girl...hope your day was grand!!
Post a Comment