Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Exciting few weeks

We have had a very exciting few weeks around here. First of all, Bergen won the Reflections contest in her age group. She wrote a darling book about Liam and his monster. Her work is going onto the district contest. She is a great little author and illustrator.

Next we did find a house. It was fast and crazy and I'm still dazed. It is actually in the first neighborhood we looked at 4 months ago, but none of the houses were built yet, and we didn't want to wait =0) We still haven't seen this layout completed, and I just picked the colors yesterday. The house sits on a corner lot, which makes it bigger then any of the other lots. That is saying something for the lots around here, they are all tinnnnnny.

The girls are so excited to have a house and they get to share a room. They love running through the walls and ask several times a day when we are moving. Hopefully by the end of the year. We want to pack in as much as possible, Aaron getting done with school - tomorrow, his birthday, Christmas, and finishing a house and moving in 3 weeks. I don't think anyone is getting Christmas cards this year - sorry!






1.front door view 2. From the top of the stairs looking down









4. The upstairs loft area 5. The back of the house
6. From the master bedroom into the closet and bath

7. From dinning room looking back at front door- these pictures are not staying in place - grrrrr

I just picked out the paint colors for the outside and it should be painted this week and finished by Christmas. It is fun to know where we will finally settle down for a couple of years anyway!

Happy Thanksgiving.


Uncle Jens and his friend Ian came over for a little rock band. The girls dressed everyone up and rocked out themselves. Ava on the drums and Bergen on the book/pencil tap!

6 comments:

Allison said...

oh WOW! What a beautiful house!! HOORAY for you! I'm glad to hear that you will finally find a place to be settled and call home. We miss you here. Tiffany and I were just talking about you last night at the Enrichment dinner and wondering how you were doing. Are you coming to visit anytime soon?

We'll forgive you the Christmas card....this year... :)

My Three Sons said...

Hooray! I am so happy that you got the house. I also just got your message which led me to your blog :)
I can't wait to see your house in (hopefully) January. And I CAN'T WAIT to see you this weekend, yippee! Meg and I are waiting with baited breath for your arrival! Drive safely and again, congrats on your house and on Bergen's great accomplishment!

MamaBird said...

I love your ho, ho, ho backdrop. Very cute!
I'm excited to hear you will soon by HOME! How wonderful, can't wait to see you in your digs. Take lots of pics.

Anonymous said...

Jen,

Wowee! What a couple of great weeks. Congrats to Miss Bergen-way to go! And I have to say congrats to you guys too! Your home is beautiful. I am so excited for you guys. To finally have a home of your very own. I can't wait to see it when it is all done-and hopefully get to come visit for a day or two. I miss you so much-and more around this time of year. I can't help but want to put you on the list for goodies to deliver. Alas, I don't think they would make it in the mail. Speaking of which-I need to get your address so I can send you our C. card. Much loves and hugs! N

libbie said...

i am so excited for you! LOVE the house! when are you coming to town next?

fivekidsandsomechocolate said...

What a fun house! I love all the angles.