Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How many puppies?

Dogs haven't been my favorite thing throughout life. It's something I inherited from my dad. I don't hate them, I just haven't ever had a desire to have one. It's not just dogs, its really any pet. Especially now that I'm a mom, I already clean up after two kids who need another mess to clean up after. My sister on the other hand has been a bleeding heart pet lover from day one. She could and did find stray kittens all over the place. We had Snowball, 2 or three different cats named Ginger, and several other cats I don't remember their names, fish, many different gerbils (one bit his tail off and Jamie's finger to get away), bunnies (they killed some of there babies), and several different dogs. Let it be understood my dad doesn't like pets at all, his dislike is right on the boarder of hate. Who needs the mess, the cat footprints on the car, the hair all over the place, cleaning up extra poop. ( All arguments I understand=) So my dad and mom were pretty good about letting Jamie take care of all these animals and even helped out.
Now that we are all grown up, I don't have pets and Aaron has NO desire to have a pet. Bergen would love one, so we'll cross that bridge when we actually have a house! (that's a whole different story - still waiting and looking) Jamie on the other hand has only two dogs now - Sophie and Meisha. (Lexie just went to a home with more land to run around).
Meisha is such a great dog. She is a white lab and is the first dog I've been around that I do love. She can do tricks, catch the Frisbee, give loves, great with kids and can understand most things you say. My kids lover her, she has been their only cousin on my side of the family. She is Ava's very age and she just had some puppies. Bergen has been so excited to see how many she would have. I guess it's common for white Labs to have 8-10 puppies, but not on her first litter.
Well, the call came last Monday that Meisha had had her puppies. Jamie made me guess, I started a 5-no, 6-no, 7-no, . . . . 11- no, 12-no . . . . . 15-no, 16 -no, 17 ding, ding, ding. That's right folks Mesiha had 17 puppies on her first litter. Now unfortunately 3 have died, because they were too small. So Jamie and Orlando are at home taking care of 14 puppies. Rock on animal lovers!!! Not to mention Meisha feeding and cleaning up after all the pups. I can't imagine feeding 2 babies at once no to mention 14. It is so exciting for my kids we are even going to fly down to Utah in a couple of weeks to see the little puppies. So the next question really is, What the heck do you do with 14 puppies? Good luck wishes are being sent your way Jamie and Orlando =0)

4 comments:

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I am soooooo glad I'm a human and only have to worry about one baby coming out at a time, for me anyways.

My Three Sons said...

Holy Moly, I felt like I dropped a litter when I had the twins, now, that's a lot of pups...I wish we could take one! I MiSs YoU!!!!

kir said...

I don't even know what to say!! That should be a great VISIT. When will they get their spots?? (I'm so kidding...)
-Kirsten

libbie said...

WOWWY WOW WOW WOW! That is a heck of a lot of puppies! I am not an animal fan AT ALL. And wouldn't you know, Mamie just got the cutes Boxer ever and I just love him to pieces, except for the fact that he peed all over my carpet tonight, so my love has faded for now . . . . So WHAT do you do with 14 puppies? You will have to fill us in on what happens!