Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hoppy Easter

What a lovely time of year. I love the flower, green grass, cool and warming weather, blossoms, new little animals, Easter, the occasional snow storm, & spending time with family. We were able to head to Utah to spend the week with lots of family and celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. It was a jammed packed week!


The airplane trip was really fun. The girls were great, we didn't even get the dvd player out. I didn't have a stroller or diapers. I guess we are ready to start again now that I have such great helpers.

We stayed with Auntie Jamie and Uncle Lando. My girls love having sleepovers with them and the dogs.
(out of order pic) The Easter Bunny made it to our house a week late. He brought very little candy and lots of fun gifts the girls needed, like a helmet for Bergen and a tight and tutu for Ava.
We had a killer Easter egg hunt with my cousins and some of their kids. We had tons of eggs and the big kids did a great job hiding the eggs.


My grandma had her 80th birthday celebration. Most of her family was able to attend. It was fun to see everyone and help her feel very celebrated. She received a great honor at USU for all of her work with the international students. I'm so glad we could be there and that my girls will remember their great grandmother and all that she has accomplished in her 80 years.


The historical farm had a baby animal day, The girls loved all of the little animals.


One of the thing the girls really wanted to do was go bowling. Uncle Stein and Uncle Johnnie indulged us and took the girls. Bergen is quite a little bowler. Ava's balls were rather slow, but only one stopped mid- lane. She did manage 2 spares and a strike with the help of the bumpers.



Dyeing of the eggs
We always love seeing the cousins, but we there is never enough time.

Bergen had her first official sleepover with Sam. She only called once at 11 pm because she couldn't fall asleep.
Now we are home and my nesting mode is setting in. I will get all of the boxes unpacked and shelves hung. 9.5 weeks until the big day, a week earlier if I have anything to do with it!

3 comments:

Wendi said...

We love the pictures. It was fun to see John's new glasses. I love the picture with Ava getting an egg. She is such a hoot. You can see the huge burn pile in the background. I don't think we miss that part of the orchird yet.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big the girls are getting! Ava's hair is gorgeous! And Bergen is getting so tall - you have such beautiful daughters. And we miss you all! N

MamaBird said...

I have not seen your hair that long in quite some time! You look great! You need someone else to take pictures so that you are in more of them!